WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Kobayashi_Maru

T minus 30 hours

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Last "regular" morning. Tomorrow afternoon I start my public transportation journey to GA. Since I committed myself to this start date have only been able to get 4 to 5 hours of sleep a night. Been waking up at 3:00 to 4:00AM and the mind starts up with the planning/preparations and it's pointless trying to go back to sleep. Have been reading everything I can here at WB and anywhere else trying to learn from others. I know my pack is to heavy, but refuse to remove anything until I start and really realize what items are truly unnecessary. Looking forward to what I hope is truly a life enhancing/changing journey, I hope I have not built this up to more than what this it really is. Well here goes.....
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Good luck to you my fellow hiker. I can sympathize with the sleepless nights and anxiousness. I always get like that just before a journey. Lucky for you that you start tomorrow. I must endure another 13 months before I leave for my thru hike. luckily I ill be doing a few section hikes In preparation. Wishing you health and happiness along the way. Julio
    Thank You.

Good do luck with your progress!