WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Son Driven

Available and Obedient - Son Driven

Rate this Entry
The AT (Appalachian Trail) also known as America’s 2185 mile foot path. My journey of the AT began on 03/07/13 with the summit of Springer Mountain, GA. In July after having multiple issues with poison plant issues I got off the AT after completing 1177.9 miles. Using the down time I traveled using train, bus, and a shuttle service to get to Katahdin Mountain that I summited on 07/07/13. Then I hiked the 1008 miles back to the Historic Iron Bridge at Swatara Gap and finished the journey on 10/07/13.

During the journey I was given messages by the Holy Spirit to stay available & obedient. The Holy Spirit used the Holy Bible, along with mp3 messages from my Pastor, Brent Halverson, of Harvest Bible Chapel West Minneapolis, and Dr. Charles Stanley, of In Touch Ministries, Atlanta GA. The Holy Spirit also spoke to me through His creation.

Luke 19:39 & 40 “And some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to him, “Teacher, rebuke your disciples.” He answered, “I tell you, if these were silent, the very stones would cry out.”

Rather then write a chronicle of my experiences on the AT, like many hikers have done in the past, it has been purposed in my heart to share my experience how the Lord moves us into a place of being available and obedient to his design for us. The AT along with other life experiences will be used to illustrate truths the Holy Spirit has revealed to me. The Lord is the great physician; if we make ourselves available to Him we can hear what it is he is prescribing to us. And for me He prescribed a time to be largely alone with Him for seven months while I hiked the AT.

Updated 11-13-2013 at 09:45 by Son Driven

Categories
Uncategorized