WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

MadisonStar

April 22...Waynesboro going SOBO

Rate this Entry
Excited to be on the trail again! Started in Waynesboro and heading south to make up the miles I skipped. I have 613 miles to do south bound. The first day hiked up Humpback Mtn and stayed at the campsite on the ridge, which was an excellent view. The next day hiked to Harpers Creek Shelter. What a beautiful day going through Three Ridges. On Wednesday we did the Priest and ended up staying at that shelter for the night. Right now we have seen about 30 NOBOs who started in February. All of their stories are the same getting caught in the snowstorms...which for them was Roan Mtn in TN or in Damascus VA. On Thursday we had a great hike over to Spy Rock and over Cole Mtn where we stayed at the Cow Camp Shelter. On my way down to the shelter ran into Saber going NOBO which was a person I had met in the Smokies at Derrick Shelter. He has been doing 30 mile days even with all the bad weather he has been hiking at a good pave. Did a nero on Friday into Buena Vista.
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hey Madison - just got caught up on your adventure. you are an amazing woman. Looking forward to your next update! Valerie