WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

KingGator and Sons

Appalachian Trail Journal Entry #13 - You mad bro?

Rate this Entry
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	29341847.jpg 
Views:	311 
Size:	68.8 KB 
ID:	19880
People get so mad that I bring something different to the table here, it is almost hilarious. After my post about entertainment, I have received several comments about ego along with a plethora of other subjects. You know what I think it is? I think many people are used to a certain culture in the hiking community and when someone comes in with an entirely different style and swag, it pisses some people off. I am not exactly sure why that is, but it is the silliest thing that I have ever seen.

People think that I am arrogant because I am not scared and I am confident about what I want to do and get out of this. This is not arrogance. This is confidence. The very same people talkin mess about me bringing my kids probably haven't payed child support NOR spent more than 30 minutes with their kids this week. With that said, you have no right to say anything.

I find it really hilarious that people took out of that last blog post one small detail...the day time talk show. The day time talk show was just four little shows that I did for fun AND a paycheck. Oh, let me guess, you believe what you see on TV? LOL!

Riiiiiiiiiiight, and Michael J. Fox is really a teenage werewolf, huh?

Some of the responses I am getting are getting more and more vicious. With that being said, I think I know why. It is because I am feeding the trolls. We have all heard that saying and the sad part is that most of you do not realize that they are talking about YOU. I have never randomly went to someone ELSE's page and insulted them. That is a complete lack of class. It's sad because you are only like that on the internet. There is a huge difference between insulting someone on their blog online instead of showing up at their house and doing the same. You know why you dont do the latter? Because you know you would get the **** smacked out of you.

My point is simple...you tough guys dont go to people's house and then insult them when they answer the door. Why do you do it here? If you don't like my journal, dont come to it...But you will....You know why? YOUR ENTERTAINED....lol. That proves my entire point.

So, just go ahead and keep doing it, but please note to yourself what I said about people's houses. If you do, you will realize how much of a puss it truly makes you to do it online but not in real life. That is what makes you fake...not me. I am the same person regardless of the situation. If I am arrogant or confident on here, you can bet your ass that I am the same way in real life and would be the same way if I met you...Truth is, you would NOT be the same way vice versa.

I highly doubt you guys are talking this much **** to complete strangers in real life.

You dont like it? Change the channel.
KING

Comments

Hikers can be very, very snobbish.
    Not most of them, just some of them.
    You gotta remember some of these folks this is all they got.
    You got ounce counters and people who don't think they are hiking unless they've burned 30 miles on the trail.
    At RGO we are big fans of the Hike your own Hike mentality. You're the one doing it so you're the one who needs to be happy. If that means eating peanut butter and ramen noodles out of a stove from wal-mart then get to it. For others it's Titanium everything and dehydrated Mountain House. We believe that if you're having fun then you're doing right.
    I've hied the West Coast Trail on Vancouver Island and that trail makes the AT look like a sidewalk. But sure enough I met a father and son team. The kid was 9 at the time. He was getting his butt whooped by the trail and, I mean proper spanked. But he was doing it. And his Dad was crazy proud but also very worried that he was asking too much of his kid. But they can surprise you and themselves with how tough they can be.
    Get to it man. Don't put off your start dates.
    Don't come up with "reasons" it won't work. The things that hang you up in your "real" life will be the same things you battle on the AT, you just won't have a soft bed, TV or anything else to take the edge off. You'll have stinky shelter mates, rats, bugs, poison ivy and lots and lots of miles. If you make it to VA you can finish. Come see us.