WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Working on success for 2013 hike

Oct 16 and sore feet---pushing on>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Rate this Entry
Well it is another day and I made it up for my walk in a preparation for my hike in March 2013 on the AT. It is hard to believe how out of shape one can get in just a few years of not hiking or walking.

Only done 3 miles this morning because of my feet being sore from yesterday 5 mile hike, I hope to do two more miles later today. My goal is to go from 305lb to at least 250lb before March. Reachable goal I believe if I stick to walking. I feel keeping this journal is likely more beneficial for me than anyone else, if anyone is even reading it. Neither the less, my wife is at least seeing I am somewhat serious and as time goes on if progress is made she may come around to being more supportive.

Updated 10-18-2012 at 19:57 by Sman

Categories
From Plump and Sluggish to Slim and Swift

Comments

Good luck. More people, including me, should be doing this, even if we're not preparing for a long distance hike. Also, good luck w/ the AT hike.
    I'm 308#. I agree, this sucks. Keep it up, big guy, you just gotta keep your eye on the prize.
    Thanks for the encouragement, BTW I did walk a little trail near my house in a small town called Wingo so I got my 2 miles in. 2.5 but who counting LOL……………….
    I wonder with your feet sore if your shoes and insoles are adequate.
    You are doing more than 99% of america.
    Hey, I'm reading it and I'm proud for you. I'm also already in training for our summer 2013 hike and would like to shed a few extra pounds. Good luck and don't get discouraged. I keep telling myself I didn't get into this shape overnight and I won't get out of it that way either!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blissful
    I wonder with your feet sore if your shoes and insoles are adequate.
    My shoes are some old trail runners i had from years back, I am sure it is just me being lazy for so long and my body is not use to any exercise...... Thank you for your insite, I'm glad to get any advice I can.