WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Pack-Man

Restore the Wickability of Your Technical Clothes

Rate this Entry
I am an avid backpacker. I've backpacked approx 750 miles of the A.T., plus significant mileage in Idaho, Colorado, New Mexico. I'm from N.C., and have backpacked the N.C. Mtns for years and years. Past Thru-Hikers on the A.T. might remember e as "Pack-Man". I used to carry too much stuff, and got that name while doing a section in Vermont.
Anyway, I am also a former veteran of the textile apparel industry - specifically dyeing & finishing. When the Textile industry left for the far east, I began exploring the idea of developing new products with someone I had worked with for a number of years. Since I am a backpacker, I decided to tacke an ongoing problem - wickability of technical fabrics. As most people who hike and backpack a lot, I wear a lot of moisture wicking polyester & nylon fabrics. Most people do not realize that these fabrics have to be treated in the factory in order to wick moisture - and that finish wears off little by little as you wear the garments. As the finish wears off, it also allows that "perma-funk" to get embedded into the fabric.
We developed the product "Wash & Wick" to restore the wickability of technical/fitnes/active clothing It the first product of its kind and is an environmentally friendly and non hazardous product for home-use. You apply it in the washing machine - and it will restore the wickability on old garments, and help protect new garments. It has lasting effects - and will stand up to many washes.
The web site is www.washandwick.com. We are on Facebook and Twitter too. If anyone has any questions about it, please let me know.
Thanks,
Pack-Man

Comments