WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Troll's 2010 AT Journal

23 August 2010

Rate this Entry
23 August 2010, VT 103
It rained all morning. I am tired of the rain. I know I should not complain. It is nothing close to the rain the thru hikers experienced in 2003. I know a couple of people that hiked in 2003 and they told me about all the rain they received that year.

Not much to say about the walking today. Just another day in the Vermont mud, hence the nick name us hikers have given the state, Vermud.

It sure was nice to go to a dry place tonight. Four of us hooked up later for the Chinese buffet ion Rutland, Llano, Hopper, and Babalu.

I received some very bad news today from a good friend of mind. His wife passed away on the 20th. I received the email on my cell phone while I was in WalMart. I was very shocked. She had just written to me on my facebook account less than a week ago. I lost it right in the middle of WalMart store. It took me a little bit to compose myself. I would have liked to have been able to go home for the funeral but it is on the 26th and I don't have the time to make arrangements for that. I feel really bad that I cannot make the funeral; I was the best man at their wedding. I wrote to him and he said he understands but I still feel bad about not being able to attend.
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
2010 thru hike

Comments