WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Troll's 2010 AT Journal

Returing pack and hair cut coming

Rate this Entry
I got my new pack today. I should say the right size pack today. I ordered the wrong size the first time. I really love this pack. The hip belt is a problem for me though. It is too wide for me. I am bummed because I really like the pack. The width of the belt does not feel right on me but the pockets on it are awesome.

It looks like I am going to stick with starting out with my Osprey Aether 70. I like that pack as well but the hip belt also presents a slight problem. There are no pockets. I wish there was a way to mount a pocket on it.

One last piece of gear I need to get is some convertible pants. They are not necessary but I am going to give them a try.

I have been growing my hair long and it is currently below the collar. I think I will get it cut before I leave for my thru hike.
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
2010 Pre Hike blogs

Comments

I just finished reading Winton Porter's book and checking out some articles in Backpacker magazine and it seems he thinks long john pants with shorts over them is better than zip offs.

Personally I like hiking in my nylon zip offs. So far I've used my long john uppers, but never the pants.