WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Troll's 2010 AT Journal

What ifs

Rate this Entry
A lot of things have been flooding through my mind over the last week. One of those things has been failure. I see not room for it but if for some reason I am not able to finish the trail I have come to this conclusion.

It is not whether you finish or only walk 600 miles. It is all about enjoying yourself and having a good time. If one does not make it to Katahdin from Springer, yet has a good time and walks away with good memories and good friends, you have accomplished something good.

It is not always about the journey. It is sometimes about the friendships you make on that journey.
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
2010 Pre Hike blogs

Comments

I wholly agree with your thoughts here. Alot of comments on the tenner list in my emails about pruist hikes, blue blazes, slackpackin, some liken it other not. Some doin the approach, others not etc. Most with pretty strong thoughts. I agree with those who say be flexible,enjoy the hike and where you are each minute. Enjoy the views and at least some of the special side tracks mentioned in the guide books. Don't ever count on having time to do it later.
    O yes and don't forget the joy of joining the pack.