WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

1cre8ive1

That crazy wildlife!

Rate this Entry
So, I'm sitting in my backyard like I do every Monday and Tuesday before I have to go to work, to soak up some vitamin D and give our parrot, Eli, some nature time. It's a lovely 1/3 of an acre backyard with lots of trees and sun dappling. Well, don't ya know along with that comes your typical wildlife; squirrels, chipmunks, bunny rabbits...and a hawk. Yes indeed folks, we have a hawk that regularly circles the area. We haven't figured out where it's nest is, but it's always near. Knowing this we are wary about leaving the bird and cat out by themselves, even for a couple seconds. Well, the day finally came when that brazen little, (actually he's not little...about twice the size of our Eclectus,) s.o.b. swooped down to try and snatch away my precious pumpkin! Thank the gods I had him perched right next to me on the back of an adjacent chair and when it swooped down, Eli went ape and hopped down to the seat of the chair. In that time I turned my head and swatted the hawk, actually hitting it with my hand! It all happened so fast, yet when I reflect upon it, it seems like the hawk was hovering in the air over Eli, poised with talons reaching. So creepy. I'm amazed at how bold it was! Guess this means no more outdoor time for Eli. Not in the open anyway.
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments