WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

aklarsen11

Day 87: Going with the flow

Rate this Entry
Slept really well last night, surprisingly. Enjoyed have the camp to myself in the morning. Not worried that I’m slow and the last one in camp or having to be quiet packing up to not disturb the people still sleeping. Today the plan is to do 16 miles to Harper’s Creek Shelter. That gets me part way up a big climb and leaves me 14 miles to the road to get picked up to Waynesboro tomorrow. However, today feels like a slow day with lots of breaks. I ran into Traffic Light and Sasquatch at the next shelter. They have been taking it slow and are going to the brewery tomorrow. I had thought about stopping there, but thought most of the group I know would already be too ahead. The shelter was named Priest Shelter, so hikers decided to leave their trail confessions in the journal and they were absolutely hilarious. Not following leave no trace, sneaking weight into their partners pack, etc… Leaped frog around a big trail family all day that was headed to the river tonight and the brewery tomorrow. Decided to hang with them. I did like stealth camping last night, but it is a little lonely. When the group got to the road, a few wanted to hitch to the gas station a few miles away and get food. I tagged along and had a delicious burger and fries. A nice surprise for the evening. The river was just right there so we set up and had a nice fire going. I’ve really enjoyed these lower mile days and going with the flow. It hasn’t changed my mind about getting off, but it definitely makes these last few days extra enjoyable.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	54103864-DF34-43ED-A6D5-99376F7172BB.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	48402
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments