WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

5XHIKER

Just a teaser 1st entry...

Rate this Entry
So, you wake up one morning, at age 38, and realize that something is missing in your life. You realize that the world hold far too much beauty and adventure for you to sit around the house as much as you do. You take the well known, "long look in the mirror", and really don't like the unhealthy person you have become...
That was a couple of weeks ago, and somehow, in the time since, I have decided that hiking the AT is going to be the final goal of this journey I am undertaking.

I am sure it will start with weight loss and exercise(read stavation and pain)_ and likely the swallowing of much pride. Hopefully it takes a few positive turns and somehow I find that pride once again, but it will be well earned this time. And in the end, I hope it ends with me on some giant hill in Maine!

As I am sure you have guessed, 5XHIKER is not as much my nickname, as my description. Keep tuned in, my blog will be about life, health, and hiking. I live close enough to the Pinhoti Trail that I am sure thats where the most of the initial hiking will take place.

So, a question for you all... single male, soon 39 yrs old, 6ft and 420lbs... can a thru-hike be reasonably attempted on 2 years training?
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments