WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Catch-Up

Finished Georgia section in October

Rate this Entry
My hubby and I hiked the GA section in 8.5 days in October. What a great experience! I have blogged about our adventures at www.appalachiantrailsectionhiking.blogspot.com if anyone would like to know how it went for us. We are age 62 male and age 58 female. Never hiked so much before, and never with a pack. We learned a lot. Plan to return to the trail in the spring and do part of NC.
Tags: georgia, section Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Catch-up and Hubby,congrats on your finish,thats no small task!
    WOW, serendipity is a great thing. My wife (62) and I (57) have been planning the EXACT SAME trip for next summer - probably late June - and I have been figuring on 9 to 10 days (throwing in a couple of zeros) to get to GA/NC border. Start at Hiker Hostel, shuttle to Springer parking lot like you guys did. Your blog (and I have read only first three days) has really helped me visualize what to expect. Trail maps, data books and topos don't really get the feel like your blog has so far. OLD FARTS RULE!
    De ja vu! Tell you wife to look out for poison ivy - That was not fun! Took me three weeks to get over it. I guess you might say I brought home a souvenir. ha ha
    Thanks a lot! No small feat for me, that's for sure. I think I surprised a bunch of folks
    You guys still planning to go in June? We have started training for our next leg of the trip north of the GA border. Fun, Fun! But maybe we won't get so sore this time around.