User Name:

Password:
    Remember Me?
  • Make a yearly donation.

Donate and support the web site and our writers

• Have you thru hiked or section hiked the entire length of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Recent Threads

German Tourist

Wo is the oldest female AT thruhiker?

Thread Starter: German Tourist

In know that the oldest male AT thruhiker is Dales Sanders right now - but probably for not much longer because 86-year old Victor Kubilius aka Pappy

Last Post By: cliffordbarnabus Today, 00:08 Go to last post
    volleypc

Tent recommendations for Alaska?

Thread Starter: volleypc

I started using a hammock in 2006 and never looked back. Now I’m going to be spending the next three months in Alaska for work but will have plenty of

Last Post By: Feral Bill Yesterday, 22:42 Go to last post
    Trillium

Harpers Ferry Hostel

Thread Starter: Trillium

Stayed at the Harpers Ferry Hostel in Knoxville, MD. It's at 19123 Sandy Hook Road. It's just past the 340 bridge, take Tryst Rd to Sandy Hook. It overlooks

Last Post By: Linesman Yesterday, 22:16 Go to last post
    Quik

2018 Flip-Flop complete

Thread Starter: Quik

I finished my Flip-Flop starting/ending in Harpers Ferry, I would like to say thanks to the WB members who reached out when I had questions concerning

Last Post By: 4shot Yesterday, 22:03 Go to last post
    tucker0104

AT through the Smokeys in early December

Thread Starter: tucker0104

Hey, my friend and I are thinking about hiking the AT through the Smokies first week of December. From Fontana Dam to Chestnut Branch Trail. What can

Last Post By: HooKooDooKu Yesterday, 21:59 Go to last post
    Emerson Bigills

Hypothermia - my experiences

Thread Starter: Emerson Bigills

In another thread there was some short discussion of hypthermia and I thought it might be helplful to some if I shared a couple "near misses"

Last Post By: clusterone Yesterday, 21:19 Go to last post