User Name:

Password:
    Remember Me?
  • Make a yearly donation.

Donate and support the web site and our writers

• Have you thru hiked or section hiked the entire length of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Recent Threads

Ethan McNary

To filter or not to filter

Thread Starter: Ethan McNary

I understand there is a sizable group in the ultralight community that does not filter or treat their water before drinking it.
    If you happen to

Last Post By: JNI64 Today, 00:43 Go to last post
    Gambit McCrae

Starting the trail at the northern Terminus

Thread Starter: Gambit McCrae

I have having a bit of trouble finding the info for where to park and or get dropped off to start the Pinhoti from the northern terminus.

Last Post By: Slugg Today, 00:36 Go to last post
    Nanatuk

The PCT in sections

Thread Starter: Nanatuk

I'm starting to form a plan to tackle the PCT in three sections. I originally wanted to do it all in one go, but over the last few months realized that

Last Post By: Nanatuk Yesterday, 23:42 Go to last post
    RADHiker

Navigating in winter

Thread Starter: RADHiker

I’ve always wanted to hike in winter, but worry about not being able to find the blazes in snow. Blizzard scenario aside, how easy is it to find the

Last Post By: CalebJ Yesterday, 21:24 Go to last post
    Rusty Joints

Experience with AT and Iron Mountain Trail

Thread Starter: Rusty Joints

Has anyone used the AT and the Iron Mountain Trail to make a loop from Damascus to Troutdale - Rt 16 - Hurricane Campground and back in the last few years?

Last Post By: CalebJ Yesterday, 21:21 Go to last post
    Big Dawg

Neoair Uberlite, sack weights

Thread Starter: Big Dawg

Hi WB! For anyone who owns the Thermarest Neoair Uberlite, what is the weight of the stuff sack and pump sack that come w/ the pad? Also, anyone who

Last Post By: TNhiker Yesterday, 20:42 Go to last post