User Name:

Password:
    Remember Me?
  • Make a yearly donation.

Donate and support the web site and our writers

• Have you thru hiked or section hiked the entire length of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Recent Threads

perrymk

Driving I95

Thread Starter: perrymk

With any luck I begin a section/thru hike hybrid in 2021. I recognize rules change but hopefully someone has first hand information. Highway patrol, DOT,

Last Post By: JNI64 Today, 01:46 Go to last post
    JNI64

Hiker shape

Thread Starter: JNI64

a couple of us on another thread have discussed how we are staying in shape. If you don't live close to enough to utilize trails how do you stay in hiking

Last Post By: JNI64 Today, 00:33 Go to last post
    JNI64

Hiking in the heat

Thread Starter: JNI64

hiking in and camping in the heat is my least favorite time out. When it gets above 90' and humid and just sitting around your sweating yeah not fun.

Last Post By: Dogwood Yesterday, 22:25 Go to last post
    OwenM

Durango/Silverton railroad down for the count

Thread Starter: OwenM

Just a heads up. Due to a mudslide, part of the tracks between Dogwood(I think that's right) and Durango are unusable, so the railroad's operations are

Last Post By: Dogwood Yesterday, 22:08 Go to last post
    soilman

Alternative thru hike

Thread Starter: soilman

I have been toying with the idea to do another thru hike in 4 years when I turn 70. I know I donít want to go NOBO again. What I have been thinking is

Last Post By: soilman Yesterday, 21:50 Go to last post
    WMR

Smokies in 3 Days?

Thread Starter: WMR

Wondering what the trail is like through the Smokies. Not elevation gain/loss, I can see that on the map. Wondering if the trail allows for fast miles

Last Post By: Dogwood Yesterday, 21:39 Go to last post