User Name:

Password:
    Remember Me?
  • Make a yearly donation.

Donate and support the web site and our writers

• Have you thru hiked or section hiked the entire length of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Recent Threads

John B

Why buy when you can rent?

Thread Starter: John B

The Sunday edition (9-16-19) of the NY TIMES, Travel section, has an article on renting hiking and camping gear. https://nyti.ms/2URSXLJ

Last Post By: Feral Bill Today, 20:55 Go to last post
    Traveler

Electric bicycles soon to be in National Parks, Forests, BLM lands?

Thread Starter: Traveler

This may be old news, but I just caught this today, a current administration order will allow electric bikes (E-Bikes) onto trails in National Parks,

Last Post By: stephanD Today, 19:56 Go to last post
    BenK

Topo maps for unpopular areas?

Thread Starter: BenK

Can someone suggest where or how to obtain topo maps for local/unpopular hiking areas? I am specifically looking for Ma and RI. I would like to practice

Last Post By: BenK Today, 19:54 Go to last post
    Treehugger

Zpacks Arc Blast 55L-Med

Thread Starter: Treehugger

I am selling my very lightly used Arc Blast. I bought it used from ZPacks but only used it twice. It has a new medium belt and two belt pouches. Everything

Last Post By: Treehugger Today, 19:13 Go to last post
    stephanD

New AT memoir

Thread Starter: stephanD

A new AT memoir is out. A real gem. Derrick "Mr. Fabulous" Lugo, a NYC guy with no hiking or camping experience, takes on the AT in "The

Last Post By: stephanD Today, 17:59 Go to last post
    Pony

Dehydrated veggies.

Thread Starter: Pony

I found some dehydrated veggies at the co-op in hanover in 2010 that were really good, but can't remember the brand name. Not so concerned with the brand

Last Post By: illabelle Today, 16:05 Go to last post