User Name:

Password:
    Remember Me?
  • Make a yearly donation.

Donate and support the web site and our writers

• Have you thru hiked or section hiked the entire length of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Recent Threads

perrymk

Driving I95

Thread Starter: perrymk

With any luck I begin a section/thru hike hybrid in 2021. I recognize rules change but hopefully someone has first hand information. Highway patrol, DOT,

Last Post By: peakbagger Today, 15:19 Go to last post
    WhiteBlaze

Maine game wardens rescue injured hiker on remote part of Appalachian Trail - WMTW Po

Thread Starter: WhiteBlaze

<a href="https://www.wmtw.com/article/maine-game-wardens-rescue-injured-hiker-on-remote-part-of-appalachian-trail/33596842" target="_blank">Maine

Last Post By: Tuxhiker Today, 14:46 Go to last post
    Chicken Feathers

20 degree top quilt

Thread Starter: Chicken Feathers

Enlightened Equipment 20 degree top quilt have stuffs bag and straps has small tear caught in tent zipper been laying on bed for 2 years hoping I could

Last Post By: ant Today, 14:43 Go to last post
    soilman

Alternative thru hike

Thread Starter: soilman

I have been toying with the idea to do another thru hike in 4 years when I turn 70. I know I don’t want to go NOBO again. What I have been thinking is

Last Post By: Hikingjim Today, 13:16 Go to last post
    appstate_mj

What to do if I see a bear?

Thread Starter: appstate_mj

Not sure whether to post this here or in hiker safety. But I've never encountered a bear before (this will only be my 3rd section hike)...I'm doing part

Last Post By: jimqpublic Today, 10:26 Go to last post
    Longboysfan

End of October Section Hike

Thread Starter: Longboysfan

I'm looking at a section hike 4 to 8 days. NOBO.
    From Fontana Dam - which I just finished a one day segment to complete this section.
    Hurt

Last Post By: Gambit McCrae Today, 09:19 Go to last post