• Random Images

• John M. Shores, “Uncle Johnny”

ERWIN – John M. Shores, “Uncle Johnny”, age 72, of Erwin, passed away, on Monday, February 12, 2018 at Bristol regional Medical Center. Johnny was a native of Bessemer, AL and a son of the late John M. and Shirley (Hasty) Shores. He was a bigger than life kind of guy who never met a stranger. He was a loving husband who enjoyed traveling, diving, hiking, camping, sailing and just being outdoors. Johnny was previously employed as the Human Resources Director for Birmingham News, owned a scuba shop in Birmingham and was an active part of the hiking community, and for the past 20 years, owned and operated Uncle Johnny’s Nolichucky Hostel. He was also a writer who recently published “Hostel on the Nolichucky”. John M. Shores has left behind to cherish his memory: Wife: Charlotte Shores, of Erwin; Daughter: Claire McWhorter, of Erwin; Multiple family pets; Several nieces and nephews. The family would like to offer special thanks to Dave Clark and Patrick Mannion for love, support and years of companionship; and to Gary Thibault and Stephen Tyler for the same reason. The family respectfully requests the honor of your presence as we offer tribute and remember the life of John M. Shores, “Uncle Johnny”, in a memorial service to be held at 3:00 PM on Sunday, February 25, 2018 in the chapel at Valley Funeral Home. Gary Thibault will officiate. In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be given to the Unicoi County Humane Society, 2201 Zane Whitson Drive, Erwin, TN 37650 Condolences and memories may be shared with the family and viewed at www.valleyfuneralhome.net or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/ValleyFuneralHomeErwin. These arrangements are made especially for the family and friends of John M. Shores through Valley Funeral Home, 1085 N. Main Ave., Erwin, 423-743-9187.
  • Recent RSS feeds

Trail town chow down: Franklin AT season launches with hiker meal - Smoky Mountain Ne

Trail town chow down: Franklin AT season launches with hiker mealSmoky Mountain NewsWhen Sharon Van Horn organized the first-ever Thru-Hiker Chow Down

WhiteBlaze 03-21-2018, 12:50 Go to last post

She Hopes To Find Herself Along The Appalachian Trail - Cape Cod Chronicle

Hey Wayne remember a while back when we were talking about people seeing "A Walk In The Woods and/or Wild" and getting the idea to hit the trail

BuckeyeBill 03-21-2018, 01:42 Go to last post

She Hopes To Find Herself Along The Appalachian Trail - Cape Cod Chronicle

I noticed the fractured text immediately. I always do. I quit worrying about it.
    What does bother me and I would like to know: Does she have an

Venchka 03-20-2018, 23:18 Go to last post

Hiker with broken ankle rescued from Appalachian Trail - WRGB

Gout is imminently treatable.
    Glad he’s better off than the news told the story.

Venchka 03-20-2018, 23:06 Go to last post
  • Newest Images

• Currently Active UsersCurrently Active Users

There are currently 634 users online. 10 members and 624 guests

Most users ever online was 9,543, 12-23-2015 at 12:06.

1. at.sportster883,
    2. fastfoxengineering,
    3. Kaptain Kangaroo,
    4. MuddyWaters,
    5. muzzo909,
    6. Onsen,
    7. Riocielo,
    8. Solitude501,
    9. Speedy1,
    10. susanblackberry