• Random Images

• St Mary of the Assumption Church in Cheshire, MA. CLOSED

The St Mary of the Assumption Church Hostel in Cheshire, Massachusetts is no longer able to provide services for hikers in their parish hall due to programming demands and insurance requirements. Please pass this word along.
    Comments 7 Comments
      Cosmo -
      UPDATE: Local sources indicate that the church is still open to hikers, although the Diocese is still evaluating the program. We'll try and post any updates on the kiosks north (North Adams) and South (Dalton) if we get any news.

Cosmo
      solace -
      Father Raymond there was ALWAYS welcoming! I stayed with him a couple times. Things change, times change... who knows, but he & the Parish provided a wonderful service to all hikers. HATS OFF!
      Rain Man -
      Strange. I stayed there Saturday night along with 6 other hikers. They were gracious and welcoming.
      Kayjeckel -
      Awwww. I hope they are able to open doors again. On my thru hike last year, everyone there was so gracious and helpful.
      mml373 -
      Quote Originally Posted by solace View Post
      Father Raymond there was ALWAYS welcoming! I stayed with him a couple times. Things change, times change... who knows, but he & the Parish provided a wonderful service to all hikers. HATS OFF!
      I wonder if those of us Catholic hikers who wish to contribute to a Diocese fund for the church to remain open would be given the opportunity to do so.
      Cosmo -
      Quote Originally Posted by mml373 View Post
      I wonder if those of us Catholic hikers who wish to contribute to a Diocese fund for the church to remain open would be given the opportunity to do so.
      The church is not closing.
      The hostel (parish hall) is still open (so far).
      Hikers are not permitted to cook or bathe in the hall.

Cosmo
      SpongeBob -
      Stayed there a couple weeks ago. I was only hiker but the night before 10 stayed. Everyone at church was gracious. I believe they close for the winter at the end of October.
  • Recent RSS feeds

WhiteBlaze

ThinkingAhead Seeking New Leader for the Appalachian Trail Conservancy - Hunt Scanlon

Hunt Scanlon Media (press release)ThinkingAhead Seeking New Leader for the Appalachian Trail ConservancyHunt Scanlon Media (press release)June 27, 2017

WhiteBlaze Yesterday, 09:40 Go to last post
    WhiteBlaze

The Army Veteran Who Became the First to Hike the Entire Appalachian Trail - Smithson

SmithsonianThe Army Veteran Who Became the First to Hike the Entire Appalachian TrailSmithsonianShaffer was a World War II veteran, who, in 1948, became

WhiteBlaze 06-26-2017, 17:10 Go to last post
    black chucks

Meet the Octogenarian Who's Going to Break the Appalachian Trail Age Record - Outside

They are still together 40-plus years later.

black chucks 06-25-2017, 18:36 Go to last post
    BuckeyeBill

Meet the Octogenarian Who's Going to Break the Appalachian Trail Age Record - Outside

Yep, us old geezers can land the young ones once in awhile. But some of the young ones today are sooo high maintenance.

BuckeyeBill 06-25-2017, 13:57 Go to last post
  • Newest Images

• Currently Active UsersCurrently Active Users

There are currently 667 users online. 7 members and 660 guests

Most users ever online was 9,543, 12-23-2015 at 12:06.

1. brewcrew1514,
    2. gfbrown76,
    3. jj2044,
    4. Leo L.,
    5. Riocielo,
    6. wcalvert,
    7. Weefee