• Random Images

• St Mary of the Assumption Church in Cheshire, MA. CLOSED

The St Mary of the Assumption Church Hostel in Cheshire, Massachusetts is no longer able to provide services for hikers in their parish hall due to programming demands and insurance requirements. Please pass this word along.
    Comments 7 Comments
      Cosmo -
      UPDATE: Local sources indicate that the church is still open to hikers, although the Diocese is still evaluating the program. We'll try and post any updates on the kiosks north (North Adams) and South (Dalton) if we get any news.

Cosmo
      solace -
      Father Raymond there was ALWAYS welcoming! I stayed with him a couple times. Things change, times change... who knows, but he & the Parish provided a wonderful service to all hikers. HATS OFF!
      Rain Man -
      Strange. I stayed there Saturday night along with 6 other hikers. They were gracious and welcoming.
      Kayjeckel -
      Awwww. I hope they are able to open doors again. On my thru hike last year, everyone there was so gracious and helpful.
      mml373 -
      Quote Originally Posted by solace View Post
      Father Raymond there was ALWAYS welcoming! I stayed with him a couple times. Things change, times change... who knows, but he & the Parish provided a wonderful service to all hikers. HATS OFF!
      I wonder if those of us Catholic hikers who wish to contribute to a Diocese fund for the church to remain open would be given the opportunity to do so.
      Cosmo -
      Quote Originally Posted by mml373 View Post
      I wonder if those of us Catholic hikers who wish to contribute to a Diocese fund for the church to remain open would be given the opportunity to do so.
      The church is not closing.
      The hostel (parish hall) is still open (so far).
      Hikers are not permitted to cook or bathe in the hall.

Cosmo
      SpongeBob -
      Stayed there a couple weeks ago. I was only hiker but the night before 10 stayed. Everyone at church was gracious. I believe they close for the winter at the end of October.
  • Recent RSS feeds

WhiteBlaze

Long journey: Man hikes 2100 miles on the Appalachian Trail - Southeast Missourian

Southeast MissourianLong journey: Man hikes 2100 miles on the Appalachian TrailSoutheast MissourianMcMenamin, 48, who at the beginning of 2017 was a criminal

WhiteBlaze 10-22-2017, 01:10 Go to last post
    blw2

Hiker rescues rooster on Appalachian Trail, carries him 42 miles to safety - Today.co

yep...... probably so.

blw2 10-19-2017, 22:15 Go to last post
    Tundracamper

Hiker rescues rooster on Appalachian Trail, carries him 42 miles to safety - Today.co

"Bolint sat on a log, while eating some snacks and waiting to see if the rooster would depart on his own or if he'd be collected by another person."

Tundracamper 10-19-2017, 17:19 Go to last post
    TexasBob

A veterinarian friend of mine told me this true story. Two ladies showed up with a dog that they rescued sitting beside the road and it had one his clinics

TexasBob 10-19-2017, 14:37 Go to last post
  • Newest Images

• Currently Active UsersCurrently Active Users

There are currently 818 users online. 18 members and 800 guests

Most users ever online was 9,543, 12-23-2015 at 12:06.

1. arrowman09,
    2. bogeygaff,
    3. capehiker,
    4. ccartertn,
    5. dgoggins,
    6. gracebowen,
    7. hangnw/sasquatch,
    8. Harveytherabbit,
    9. HooKooDooKu,
    10. Kaptain Kangaroo,
    11. KCNC,
    12. rafe,