WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

• Random Images

• Rock 'n Sole Hostel

Rock 'n Sole Hostel in PA, is a new hostel this year (2016). Owners Craig and Jody Stine are making room at their place to get involved with the hiker support lifestyle.

They are a family operation that caters to those seeking a tranquil and enjoyable trail respite. The property and bunkhouse is a smoke and drug free place for hikers to have a peaceful refuge and refreshing break from the trail. Currently offering a bunk house with seven beds available, air conditioning, WiFi . Stay includes hot outdoor shower, use of chemical privy, breakfast and a ride back to the trail for a suggested $35 per night (2016), includes dinner. Other options include laundry and mail drops for additional donation.

They also provide rides to nearby resupply, urgent care, and airport runs.

Thru hikers will be limited to two nights. Slackpacking stays made by arrangement. Located less than an hour from Harrisburg or Allentown areas puts it in a great location to cater to section hikers and offer slackpacking options from PA/MD to PA/NJ lines. Located midway between Duncannon and I-476 (NE Ext. of turnpike) in Schuylkill Haven, PA, 1.6 miles north of AT crossing/trail head @ PA route 183.

Cell phone service from the trail and the hostel is good dependent on your service provider.

Currently accepting cash or paypal, can take credit cards or debit cards as long at the hiker can access a valid email address to receive and pay an invoice.

For more information and mail drop address call or email Craig at;
    570-617-6432 text/voice
    [email protected]

Comments 10 Comments
      Miel -
      Cute! Best of luck to you!
      Kragb -
      Thank you! We want to send more pics to post but are a few days away from having all systems up and running...i.e. outside shower and it was 23 degrees this morning here...but we are looking forward helping others with their AT adventures! Safe journey!
      Rain Man -
      I'm glad to see a hostel with business-like suggested rates. More likely to stay in business. Too cheap rates don't do anyone much good and often as not attract the "party crowd."

But why drug and smoke free, but not alcohol free is beyond me. Alcohol is a drug and at least as bad as smoke. Alcohol is not family-friendly either.
      Greenlight -
      The party crowd will party whether or not you allow it.

But I know where you're coming from, Rain Man. I enjoy a beer or two on a regular basis, but always in moderation. If I stay at an establishment, hostel or church or motel or whatever, I'd abide by their rules and wishes. It's just the right thing to do.
      attroll -
      I stopped in to visit this hostel and the owners Craig and Jody Stine this past Sunday. They are a terrific couple. It's small but they are doing wonders with it. This is going to be a great place. I am looking forward to hearing the positive feedback from hikers after there visit here.
      I took a couple pictures while I was there and added them top the first post in this article.
      Slo-go'en -
      Stayed there for a zero to get out of the rain a few days ago. Had a pleasant stay and had a very good dinner cooked by Jody and served in the bunk house. Note that Crag is retired State Police officer so he has law enforcement connections readily at hand. He however does not object to responsible drinking.
      mweinstone -
      Im allways available to do volenteer work if you two want stuff fixed or painted. My name is not matthewski.
      Thats my trail name.
      Lol.
      eabyrd1506 -
      Good afternoon Craig and Jody.

I'm curious how you made out through your first bubble? I'm planning hikes with my daughter on various AT sections this fall and next spring as we prep for longer more challenging tours. Hope to make your acquaintance during one of them.

Ed
      Kragb -
      Quote Originally Posted by eabyrd1506 View Post
      Good afternoon Craig and Jody.

I'm curious how you made out through your first bubble? I'm planning hikes with my daughter on various AT sections this fall and next spring as we prep for longer more challenging tours. Hope to make your acquaintance during one of them.

Ed
      We had a great group of hikers from end of March till early July, and now the through hiker rush is over, but plenty of section hikers have reserved space for the fall months. We now sleep 6 comfortably, have heat, a/c, and great guest wi-fi in the hostel. If you have Facebook feel free to check out our page Rock 'n Sole Hostel for photos, reviews, and contact information. Thank you for the inquiry! We do plan on increasing price slightly for next season, and we will also be in the printed version of the AT guide next year, so I anticipate it will be harder than this year to get a bunk with us during the through hiker season. Safe journey to you and your daughter and we hope we get the chance to assist you with your AT adventures in Central PA.
      u.w. -
      Did a section this week (4-7 Sep '16) to finish PA - f/ DWG (PA/NJ state line actually) down to Port Clinton at the soft ball fields.
      Stayed at Craig & Jody's Rock'n Sole Hostel, and was shuttled by Craig early in the morning.
      What a super nice, super clean, super comfortable, and super friendly place it is!
      Thank again for everything Craig, Jody, and Rock'n Sole Hostel!!

u.w.
  • Newest Images

• Currently Active UsersCurrently Active Users

There are currently 887 users online. 8 members and 879 guests

Most users ever online was 12,213, 01-10-2024 at 01:07.

1. agregorasooglet2492,
    2. balexeyfrncesa2109,
    3. gpburdelljr,
    4. pryceaaron,
    5. swatsullivan,
    6. tiptoe,
    7. whatnot