WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

• Journals RSS Feed

by Published on 02-18-2012 10:01
    1. Categories:
    2. Journals or blogs,
    3. Photography
    Article Preview

If you are thinking about keeping a journal during your hike, I highly recommend it. Keeping a journal is something that you will never regret and will greatly appreciate later on in life. As the days and years go by after the conclusion of your hike memories get vague and fuzzy on how events happened and what took place during your hike. Time has a way of making us forget things. Keeping a journal of some type will allow you to go back and recapture all those memories and feelings that you experienced. Your journal is a souvenir to your future self. You will be able to look back and smile and laugh when you reread it, a truly priceless gift. It will also anchor you to where you were at a given point in time on and off the trail during your hike.
    I find myself going back and looking at my journals to see where I was on a certain date during my hike and end up reading through the entire day’s entry. It brings my mind back to the places I was and sometimes just reading that journal entry reminds me of things I forgot to include. The journal was such a great gift to me.