WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

• What is the Appalachian Trail

The Appalachian Trail, also known as the Appalachian National Trail National Scenic or the A.T.
    This well renowned hiking trail extends from Springer Mountain in Georgia and Mount Katahdin in Maine. The Appalachian Trail is marked with white rectangles, 2x6 inches, called white blazes. The Appalachian Trail is 2189.2 miles in length (as of 2015). It passes through 14 states, Georgia, North Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine.

The Appalachian Trail is has become famous for many reasons but mostly for the hikers who have hiked it from end to end, in one year or over a period of time. Thru hikers are hikers that have hiked the entire length of the trail in a 12 month period. One other type of hiker is called the section hiker. The section hiker has or is currently hiking the entire length of the trail in sections. Once a hiker has completed the entire length of the trail, they are known as 2,000 milers.
    Comments 2 Comments
      BobTheBuilder -
      I know this is picky, but there are a lot of typos in this brief document. Since it is on the front page of WB, I thought you might like to clean them up.
      *Appalachian National Scenic Trail
      *A.T. (double period not needed)
      *2x6 inches, called white blazes
      *Thru hikers
      *Once any hiker has completed ...
      attroll -
      Quote Originally Posted by BobTheBuilder View Post
      I know this is picky, but there are a lot of typos in this brief document. Since it is on the front page of WB, I thought you might like to clean them up.
      *Appalachian National Scenic Trail
      *A.T. (double period not needed)
      *2x6 inches, called white blazes
      *Thru hikers
      *Once any hiker has completed ...
      I missed this reply for quite a while. Thank you for pointing it out. I have made the corrections.
  • Random Images

• Currently Active UsersCurrently Active Users

There are currently 483 users online. 6 members and 477 guests

Most users ever online was 12,213, 01-10-2024 at 01:07.

1. BIG TIGER,
    2. cmoulder,
    3. guest1347,
    4. Krip,
    5. pryceaaron,
    6. scope