WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. Hikers Shuttle Services

Hiker Shuttle Services; Neels Gap, Blairsville, nearby trailheads. Call Mike, 706-781-3360, or 353-817-2030.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. This isn't Cross Training, it's Cross Learning!

by , 04-05-2014 at 05:44 (My wife and I are planning to thru hike the AT in 2017)
    I’m excited to be getting my first backpack at the end of April and really get started on this AT adventure finally. With the backpack I will begin to feel like a hiker.

As far as sports and money go this isn’t really bad. The big items are a backpack, tent, and sleeping bag. You can get crazy expensive with the other stuff but you don’t have to in order to have a good time.

Versus $1100 to $4000 for a triathlon bike, $90 to $120 for triathlon kits. $130 for ...
  3. It's ABlazing how the time goes bye... .. .

It's been over a decade since my thru-hike attempt, I was 21 then and sure i'ld finish that summer. The Trail life was one of the best times of my life. If we are all oysters in this madearn Warld then the Trail is where you find the ones with pearls inside.
    I started in Georgia, and had good luck from the 1st day. To many stories for here. However, after Trail days I left Damascus and did a 28 mile day to Thomas knob shelter where wearing my hat low I walked into the edge of the
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Body adapting to activities.

by , 04-01-2014 at 04:42 (My wife and I are planning to thru hike the AT in 2017)
    It’s taken a few weeks but my blood sugars seem to have adapted to this change in activity. At least diabetes and I have found a rhythm that is starting to work. It is so easy to want to NOT do anything to change your diabetic routine because it ALWAYS throws your blood sugar control off at first. Eventually though you will find a way to make it work but change is never easy with diabetes.

My doctor gets upset by my lack of variety in my meals. When you find what works for you, you ...
  5. PFFATTH (Parents, family and friends of AT thru hikers)

I figured why not start a thread for those of us that have loved ones on a thru hike attempt in 2014. We love you Kris ("Two Ponds") Started 3/30/14). Be strong and smile all day in this beautiful Earth.

This post is for anyone who wants to talk about the progress, the journey, and the passion that their loved one is putting forth on the trail this year.

Updated 04-02-2014 at 17:29 by jazzy2016

Categories
    Uncategorized