WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Recent Journals Posts

1. Recovering from an accident and following your dreams.

First of all let's get my trail name out of the way. I'm sure you've heard duct tape can truly fix everything. I have a roll of duct tape with me everywhere I go. When picking a trail name one of my friends said why don't you just call yourself duct tape. So when I found out that the name "Duct Tape" was already taken I settled with Duck Tape. Oh well...

Now that that's said I can return back to my original topic.

So there I was in North Carolina on a job interview. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. The Most Amazing Email

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Snapshot 1 (7-16-2015 12-09 AM).jpg 
Views:	527 
Size:	10.5 KB 
ID:	31387
    You know, for as much as I typically talk about how the hiker community on Trail Journals and White Blaze can be a pain in the a**, I have to admit that today I received an email that warmed my heart. There are a lot of times that this actually happens and I fail at times to speak on it. About 90% of the hiker community that I meet online are WONDERFUL people. There is always the 10% that are bitter or mad or just flat out a$$holes. With that being the case, I ...
  3. The Big 3 - Gear

Name:	images (1).jpg 
Views:	470 
Size:	6.0 KB 
ID:	31350
    I have not gotten all of my gear yet NOR my Big 3, but I can tell you now what I am probably going to purchase. On my second attempt, I had the Gregory Z65 Pack (3 lbs 9 oz)and it was a beautiful and comfortable pack. I loved that pack very much. It was around $239.00 if I remember right. I will tell you now that it was worth every single dime. I have heard that Osprey has outstanding customer service though, so I may consider going in their direction if I can ...
  4. Start Date is March 1, 2016

Name:	11391101_108570332812841_4855713364499643255_n.jpg 
Views:	517 
Size:	116.2 KB 
ID:	31349
    I have decided on starting with people like a normal hiker this time. My last two thru-hike attempts started on December 8th and February 10th. Those dates were a little too early for someone with limited experience. Don't get me wrong, it can easily be hiked starting those dates, but when I say easy, I mean for an experienced hiker. I have decided to take this time to prepare more than ever and start with the rest of the group on March 1st. No more trying to ...
  5. Good 2 Be Back

Name:	10451709_113262565676951_8800912900346118901_n.jpg 
Views:	487 
Size:	52.2 KB 
ID:	31348
    Well, it has been 48 hours since I made the announcement that I was returning to the Appalachian Trail in 2016. I have since then posted 3 videos on the New 2 The Wild YouTube channel. I feel like I can't eat or sleep since the AT defeated me last year. I am excited as can be about returning to the trail alone and attempting this hike with no interference. I have to re-purchase my gear, but I have quite some time to do this. I am glad that this time I ...
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast