WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. T minus 30 hours

Last "regular" morning. Tomorrow afternoon I start my public transportation journey to GA. Since I committed myself to this start date have only been able to get 4 to 5 hours of sleep a night. Been waking up at 3:00 to 4:00AM and the mind starts up with the planning/preparations and it's pointless trying to go back to sleep. Have been reading everything I can here at WB and anywhere else trying to learn from others. I know my pack is to heavy, but refuse to remove anything until I start ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Published my AT book "Walking Upright" for free - read it here

Quote Originally Posted by matt608 View Post
    Hello fellow woodland wanderers. 3 years and 1 month ago at age 21 I hiked North-South the entire state of Virginia on the AT. It was a life changing experience, as it is for many of us. For me it was especially so as I ended up with lyme disease and CFS, which I am still recovering from. But much more importantly it was a journey of deep awakening, as well as lots of fun! I was almost blinded in the Wilderness by exploding water purification chemicals, I encountered drunk hill-billies, bears,
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Transportation from Harpers Ferry

HI I was planning to hike to Harpers Ferry this summer and I need to know,what is the best way to get back to Nashville TN.is there a near bye Train or Plane Station I could use
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Please support my hike and get a $100.00 gift card!

Quote Originally Posted by Alpine Bomber View Post
    Hey everyone, want a $100 REI gift card? I know backpacking is an expensive lifestyle. I'm working on figuring out how to fund my hike this summer. Luckily, I work for REI, and for everyone who signs up for a visa with them, I get a sizable bonus, and you get $100.00 gift card to buy new gear, plus 5% dividend/cash back on in store purchases, 1% everywhere else, for no sign up fee, and no annual fee. It's perfect for gear loves, and you'd really be helping me out. All you have to do is apply and
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. NO HIKER LEFT BEHIND....Part Two

No Hiker Left Behind....Part Two

“What a beautiful day” Teacher started to say, as she reached out and hoisted her pack.
    Once it was lifted she squirmed and she shifted until it set onto her back.
    The pack weight was more than she'd dealt with before. “It's awfully heavy” she sighed.
    (Last night she'd been packing and sleep she was lacking and thus it had never been tried.)

But Snacktime whose pack was secure on his back was already off at

Updated 05-27-2014 at 16:41 by Teacher & Snacktime

Categories
    Uncategorized