WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. Just wondering

As I'm getting ready for a March start of my Thru-hike, I wonder if others are just as excited, anxious and afraid as I am. I've planned and dreamed of this for quite a while and as the start date gets near, my confidence level remains high BUT I have to admit there's some apprehension.
    At 66 years old, I've remained fit and have been blessed with a good life and a great family so why am I leaving all this behind to hike the AT? The only answer I can come up with is that it's a challenge ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Daydreaming: A day in the life of a thru-hiker

A day in the life of a thru hiker: Wake up from your cozy down sleeping bag to the sun shining through the walls of your nylon tent. Wipe the crust out of your eyes after waking from your slumber to the sounds of the wild. Time to put your clothes, shoes, other pair of socks and hat on, take a pee and or poo next to a nice fluffy bush. Now to have breakfast of a bowl of oatmeal with brown sugar and a bar in the pocket for on the go later. Pack up your gear, and start walking. Now time for a break ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Possible Thru-hike in 014

Hello to all,
    Contemplating a possible thru-hike attempt. Been Planning since November 013. If all systems are go I will start walking on April 1.
    I also have a journal with gear list at www.trailjournals.com/draggin

"Dream Big Dare to Fail"

Draggin
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Ga in September

I am planning to hike the section of the AT that goes thru Ga starting at Springer Mountain in Sept. Can anyone tell me the type of weather I might possibly have. Whether it will be getting cold by then.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Right size pack for the AT

I"m looking for a new pack for speed hiking sections of the At about a month at a time. Not sure how many cubic inches or liters it should hold. Is over 4000 cubic inches to much?
    Categories
    Uncategorized