View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. Hike Shuttle Services: Neels Gap, Blairsville, and nearby trailheads

Call for shuttle services: 706-781-3360, or 352-817-2030
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Blood Mountain

Hiked from Vogel to summit of Blood Mtn yesterday. A lot of ice on top 1/3 of mountain, especially at peak. Have now gotten in LeConte (to Icewater Springs), the Unicoi trifecta (Rocky, Tray, and then Rocky again to get back to the car), Blood a number of times, Springer a couple of times. Heading off to Cohutta this Saturday AM for a weekend hike. Excited to start counting down.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. 2016 Thru-Hike Registry

Quote Originally Posted by Wool View Post
    Trail Name: NothingYet
    Direction: NOBO

Estimated Start Date : March 10th
    Approach Trail - yes

Ready to go! Good luck everyone and I'll see you out there. Taking my time, deadline of October to finish!

Officially posting start date!

Anyone else starting March 10th? I'll be taking the Amtrak down to Atlanta as well. Hope to see you all out there!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. SOBO Gear List Help...

Quote Originally Posted by morri50n View Post
    I don't know if I'm planning too early or not, but I'm trying to figure out my gear list to start a SOBO thru-hike around June 1, 2014 (solo female). So far this is what I have... (weight is in oz)

Shelter: Tarptent Rainbow (34 oz)
    Pack: LL Bean Women's AT 55 (50 oz)
    Bag: Western Mountaineering Ultralite (38 oz)
    Pad: ThermaRest RidgeRest-Small (9oz)

COOKING/WATER
    Fancy Feast Stove .2
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Travis McGee, John Muir, and me, still in Cedar Key 10

Lately, my pal Lefty is doing much better. We spent the MLK three day weekend together in the woods near Chattahoochee, Florida. His back is doing tons better and he was even able to put in a few miles on the trail. To say we had a large time would be an understatement. Even though I was diligent and put in quite a few miles walking on the trails at Torreya SP, I did succumb to the pressure to cut loose and broke training one night. The lure of good bourbon and fine cigars around a warm, vibrant ...

Updated 01-26-2016 at 14:41 by CedarKeyHiker

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 61 of 566 FirstFirst ... 11 51 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 71 111 161 561 ... LastLast