View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. The second sun...

I am prepping for round 2. I plan 429 miles from Roanoke, VA to Harrisburg, PA. According to my physical therapist, no more worries! Wish I had time this summer to through hike, but I will be happy just to make it back this summer. 400+ miles isn't bad I guess. I am looking forward to meeting more hikers, getting MUCH better photos and video this time, and I have already learned from past mistakes. Lightened the load by about 2/3 lbs, and DEFINITELY am bringing a silk liner to add +15 to ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Jumping right in.

Hello A/T world,
    I have fantasized about this for awhile now. I am heading out in the next week to Springer Mountain. I'm off work for the summer as of yesterday and am attempting to put it all together in the next few days. I am sure there is a slang term for the style I am choosing to do this, as cheap as possible, no expectations, little experience. I've read a lot about the trail and the only thing I think I really have going for me is a strong back, long legs, and family to send me ...
  3. Where do I go from here?

Apparently a journal post I wrote back in Erwin never got uploaded. I'm not so sure I can recap all this journey has been since then and I'm equally sure I am understating that it has been nothing short of spectacular. There have been reunions with people I started with back in Georgia that I never thought I would see again. Good to see you again Will, now known as Jungle Jim. There have been growing friendships with others like Hagred, Chuckles and Spoon that I tend to leap frog with from time ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Were you at the Parade? So was I...

5. Help me Find the Owner of the MA car with these awesome bumper stickers!