View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. Something Missing...

Hello all, I am a 34 yr old female. Heres what I am noticing in my life. I have DONE all of the things that a woman is supposed to do. I am mother of handsome 5yr old boy- who's just about to start kindergarten. I just got a promotion in my full time job with supervisory responsibilities that more than pays for the bills without my husbands support. I have my Bachelor degree. I have my own home in my own name. I started a business, which is mildly successful at least enough to make sure that my ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. My training for 2015, Training Day 16

Training Day 16: June 14
    Today I hiked from Palmer Lake, CO to the reservoirs and then a couple of miles past on a jeep trail.
    I had a 28 pound pack which made the first 4 miles seem like 10 because it was all up hill. Coming back down hill was also a little tricky due to all the loose feldspar on the trail. The temp was in the low 80s when I started out but dropped into the upper 50s by the time I finished. There was a nice camp site about 2.5 miles up the trail and I may just ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. My training for 2015, Training Day 15

Training Day 15: June 12

Today I did my first walk with a loaded pack. I found an old EMS Luggage Pack in my daughters back yard, covered in mud and leaves. I hosed it off and adjusted it to fit. I packed it yesterday with a 2 man tent from Walmart, my 35 year old Holubar sleeping bag which compresses to a neat 10 X 6 3.2 pound bundle. I also packed my Hank Roberts stove in an old Coleman Peak 1 nesting pot container. I also packed a bunch of cloths and a couple of liters of ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. What is the lightest canister stove and pot combination?

Quote Originally Posted by HooKooDooKu View Post
    What I use personally (which seems to ALMOST be as light weight as you can get with commercial products) is the Snow Peak LiteMax with the MSR Titan Kettle.
    The Titan Kettle is just the right size to store an MSR canister inside, and utilizing the concave area of the canister, I can include the LiteMax folded up under the canister.

Here's a SORTED list (by weight) of stoves mentioned that I can readily find commercially available (or a modern update that is commercially available).
    Tags: 1'", 1 Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Recommended skirt/kilt selection

Quote Originally Posted by gklott View Post
    I nearly always hike in a skirt or kilt. I've settled on these models.
    - Asics Love Skirt - shortest, light, and comfortable fabric, contrast color mesh side panel, step in, 13.5" hem, 130g, women XL, $36, same length as my women's SOARK.com supplex full split women's running shorts (which I really like)
    - Asics Field Skirt - similar to Love Skirt but without the mesh side panel and narrow waist band, step in, 13.5" hem, 126g, women XL, $20
    - Brine Anthem women's game
    Categories
    Uncategorized