WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Recent Journals Posts

1. Day 10: Relaxing in Town

Very glad with my decision to stay another day in town. It’s very cold and windy in Hiawassee, can’t imagine being on the mountain in this. Switched over to the Budget Inn for the night since its cheaper and it will be more convenient to shuttle back to the trail. My friend Lizzie decided to get off trail and come into town due to the cold, so we are splitting a room. Decided to take advantage of the zero day and go to Urgent Care and get my knee checked out. The doctor believes it’s just inflamed, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Day 9: Change of Plans

Got up about 8am this morning to rain and my tent was in a good 2 in puddle. Stayed relatively dry considering. Packed up my gear and hung out in the shelter until about 10:30am since my shuttle wasn’t until 2pm. It was interesting to hear everyone’s plans on how to beat the weather. Go into town, stay at the shelter or hike on and hope there will be room at the next shelter. This is my first deviation from plan and I would be lying if I didn’t say that it doesn’t bother me to be delayed, but I’m ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized