WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Cfullerton

1. Latest Update

My experience as a hiker has grown a bit since my initial TN hike and my gear has evolved as well. I've joined a local hiker club, met some wonderful hiking partners here on this site (WB) and somehow managed to get my husband interested in joining me on the trail (his idea of camping use to be a night in a Marriott). In September I went to GA to do a section hike with a WB friend and we went from Unicoi Gap to Dick's Creek Gap. Not far, but she was having some knee pain ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. GA Hike coming up...

Getting ready to join another hiker in GA for a week on the AT.
    Flight reservations - Check
    Gear - 'Almost' Check

As a relative newbie its exciting as heck! The shakedown on my last hike took 10lbs out of my pack - got it down to 30lbs... I was in the Smokies and most of the journey was down hill so life wasn't too bad. This time Ive changed a few pieces of gear and cut down on the 'what-ifs' so hoping that my pack is a bit lighter.

Our hike ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. The Beginning

This is crazy, Ive registered for the Class of 2016! What am I thinking? Can a 59+ yr old woman with gadget Legs really think she has what it takes to walk form Georgia to Maine? Im going to give it my best and enjoy the journey every way I can.

My gear List...
    Pack: Osprey 65 Aura
    Tent: BA Fly Creek UL2 -- gonna exchange it for a Copper Spur UL3.
    Sleep Pad: REI AirRail
    Sleeping Bag: REI Igneo
    Stove: Jet Boil
    Water ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized