WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. Maybe I actually DID need Guthook on this overnight!

For my first AT hike of this year I decided to do a wimpy, twenty-mile, one-night trek along a stretch that is a gap in my walks along The Trail: Iron Mountain Gap back to Uncle Johnny's. Since I accept the fact that I'm not going to hike significantly faster than a mile an hour nor much more than about ten miles in a day*, I looked for a place about half-way between these two spots. Both the Thru-Hikers' Companion and the 2018 edition of the AT Data Book state that Beauty Spot Gap has water and ...

Updated 06-20-2019 at 18:23 by GoldenBear

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. 2019 Thru-Hike Registry

Quote Originally Posted by Hoofit View Post
    Best of luck.....average over 30 miles a day without zeros? Sounds like an injury waiting to happen...perhaps you should consider actually enjoying your journey more and doing it over two summers ..all the best to you either way.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. parking near Paul C Wolfe

I am now up to 448 miles.

A snail's pace, but at least it is always getting bigger.

This May I will be going to US33 in Shenandoah NP to Paul C Wolfe.

Does anyone know if there is overnight parking on Mill Creek Road near the shelter?
  4. AT Year 9 Section Hike

Here is a link to my journal entry for this past summer's AT section hike: Bear Mountain-Harriman SP, NY to Williamstown, MA

http://tbmmoe.blogspot.com/p/at-year-9-section.html
    Tags: 1'", 1ˤˢ Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Hog Camp Gap to Cow Camp Gap Shelter – Cole Mountain View

This was Day 2 of a planned three day hike on the AT South, from The Priest Shelter, where I left off on my southbound trek. On day 2 I hiked from Seeley Woodworth Shelter to The Priest Shelter, and then hiked back to the upper parking of Crabtree Falls on Meadows Lane (4x4 recommended). From there I drove around to Hog Camp Gap on USFS 48 (another 1 lane dirt road but passable with a normal car) and hiked South to Cow Camp Gap Shelter. The ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 41 of 596 FirstFirst ... 31 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 51 91 141 541 ... LastLast