View RSS Feed

Recent Journals Posts

1. Steak for dinner

Quote Originally Posted by -Rush- View Post
    When I'm in Gatlinburg I go to Cherokee Grill. It looks upscale for a hiker, but the staff is nice and it's casual dress. When I was there the $8 pours of Glenfiddich 12 were generous.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. whats your favorite protein bar and why?

14oz Ribeye Medium-Rare
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Hostels and Shower Shoes

Having been on hikes with and without, in hostels with and without, I prefer to have a pair of 5oz flip-flops in my kit. The UL option, and one I've employed in the Smokies of all places, is to use two large ziploc bags from my first day or two of food to cover my feet. This would work fine in the shower.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Section Hike - Ashby Gap to Manassas Gap - Dick's Dome and Whiskey Hollow Shelters

Continuing my section hike of the Appalachian Trail Southbound, I decided to pick up where I left off at the parking at 601 near I50 and continue through Sky Meadows State Park to Dick’s Dome Shelter, the new Whiskey Hollow Shelter at the same location, and through to Manassas Gap Shelter. This leaves a small section between Jim and Molly Denton and the roadside parking at US 522 left for me to complete in this area. The trail up to Sky Meadows, ...
  5. Restart at the NOC

After leaving Amicalola Falls on 04 February, I am restarting my AT thru at the NOC on 27 February. Why?

I managed to complete 137 miles (plus the dang 9-mile approach trail) in 10 days. I shared the first seven of those days with Polka Dot. The last three nights I shared shelters with Young Blood. Unfortunately on about day 4 I had a stone tread "kick" a shin that, while it did no visible damage, days later turned into a major pain - pun intended. The pain descending into ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 390 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 101 ... LastLast