WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Recent Journals Posts

1. Day 35: Slack Packing to Hot Springs

Just over 6 miles today to get us into Hot Springs and it’s almost all downhill. 2 Knees and Not Sure are joining me again today. We hiked at the same pace yesterday, so we all seem well matched on pace. Due to the short mileage, we slept in and didn’t get started until 10am. Still made it into Hot Springs in time for lunch. Had a delicious burger at the Iron Horse Station. The hostel owners got a 8 week old Pyrenees puppy today, so we spent the afternoon getting puppy cuddles. The hostel also slack ...

Updated 04-30-2021 at 13:12 by aklarsen11

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Day 34: Slack Packing Max Patch

Today I’m slack packing 14 miles from Max Patch road to Garenflo Gap. 2 Knees and Not Sure also planned to do the same thing so we coordinated our ride in the morning to split the cost. Got out on trail shortly after 9am and was met with fog and wind. Supposedly Max Patch has pretty views, but we didn’t see anything unfortunately. It was a nice section, where I had gotten off trail I had really been through the worst of it, but I’m still glad I got off. Got some trail magic at lemon and garenflo ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized