WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. Gear List

As I load up my pack, I'm thinking of Lewis & Clark. Hell, how do you pack for an 5,000-plus march into the unknown? Start with alot of meat, apparently: the Corps packed "one ton of dried pork." Maybe I should bring a baggy of that deer jerky in the oven.

Food, fuel, shoes, and H20 aside, here's my gear list so far. Keep in mind, I'm going "ultra-light", which basically means I'm trying really hard to keep my pack as light as possible. Duh, right? That's called ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Walter Halloween

I can't wait for Halloween this year. I am going as Walter from the Big Lebowski.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Facebook Politics

4. 2010 Thru hikers on facebook

There has been a group on facebook for Appalachian Trail 2010 thru hikers for quite some time now. I thought I would post a quick note here to let everyone know about the Appalachian Trail 2010.
    Categories
    2010 Pre Hike blogs
  5. Buffing up the Why

Expectations are a fool's investment. As I prepare for the 6th of February, I keep this in mind. Don't get me wrong; I'm ready to roll. My "how" is hammered out and I'm geared up for life as a nomad, but I've got my chips elsewhere. My bet's on my "why". After all, no matter how bomb-proof, the "how" can go to hell in a hot second (and take one's expectations down with it). But the "why" is a little stronger.

Like I said, I'm ready. My body's
    Categories
    Uncategorized