View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. Countdown: 26 days to GA->WV '10

New PRW post:

I've already booked a bunk for the first hostel on the NoBo AT: Hiker Hostel, near Dahlonega, Georgia.

For $70 you get the thru-hiker special: Shuttle from the airport/train or bus station in Atlanta, stay overnight, breakfast and a shuttle to the beginning of the AT.

Look soon for a "What's ahead in Georgia"-type post.
  2. Tattoo

Well, I did it. I got my tattoo and a haircut. I don’t feel like a new man though. My friend told me that I would be a new man. I still feel the same, old.

I went to Brunswick today and hooked up with Shiloh, a WhiteBlaze member. Shiloh thru hiked in 2008. We sat and talked for 2 ˝ hours. It was great to see his eye light up when he talked about his thru hike. I know I will feel the same way when I tell my tale of my thru hike. He showed me many of his photos from his hike. ...
    Categories
    2010 Pre Hike blogs
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1590.jpg 
Views:	1153 
Size:	604.1 KB 
ID:	11073  
  3. Springer Mountain countdown: 27 days

It's a month to go for my GA->WV '10 hike. I anticipate beginning the hike on March 10.

I'll be traveling by Amtrak March 8 from DC to ATL.

I started this blog mostly as a way to link to the hiking community here at Whiteblaze, which I discovered in person at a hiker feed in Monson, ME at the end of my WV->ME '09 hike.

My real blog is here. I'll be looking to share posts between the two platforms, as well as twitter, trailjournals etc. Hopefully it's ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Life changing

I am glad to announce that I have every piece of gear to start my thru hike now. I am so ready for this. Tomorrow morning I am getting my AT tattoo and then off to get my haircut. I was told by a good friend that after these are done I will be a new man. We’ll see about that.

I have only two more weeks of work left. I am just over a month away from my start date.

I have been exchanging emails and chats with some other hikers that I am really looking forward ...

Updated 02-12-2010 at 18:57 by attroll

Categories
    2010 Pre Hike blogs
  5. 2010 Hiking Gear list for the AT

ULA Circuit= 2lb 2oz
    WM Alder MF= 2lb 2oz
    Gossamer SpinnTwinn= 9oz
    Ground Cloth +Stakes= 7oz
    Pack Liner Compactor Bag= 2oz
    Sleeping Pad= 8oz
    Total=5lbs 12oz
    DIY Bug net= 15oz (pick up when needed)
    Black Diamond Trail Trekking Poles= 1lb 2oz (ducktape on both)
    Clothing:
    NF Filght Searies Wind Shirt= 3oz
    Columbia Fleece= 8oz (no zipper)
    WM Vest= 7oz
    Silk Cashmere Shirt= 9oz (for sleep)
    Terramar Leggins ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized