WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. Recent trips to the AT

Since coming back from my slump around the end of August I have started dayhiking the Trail. On Halloween Oct 31st, I reached a few milestones... I have now hiked just over 100 miles of the Trail via dayhiking. I have covered ground from just south of Duncannon, PA to Harper's Ferry. I know Maryland is a short state but I have officially completed hiking through it! It's an accomplishment for me.

I have picked up an Osprey daypack and a 2L hydration bladder, along with a couple of other ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Grandfather Mountain Halloween 2015

Amazingly, we didn't fall off the mountain!

October, 30 - Friday night my husband and I arrived at the Boone Fork parking lot at around 12:30am. Just wiped out exhausted after the 5 and a half hour drive tacked onto a full day of work. There were another couple of cars in the lot and a huge truck also unloading. The truck carried about 10 young kids looking to be around 10 to 13 years old, with coolers and sleeping bags and all manner of miscellaneous gear all being held loosely ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. I'm Back after a 2 yr Hiatus!

Some background: 2 yrs ago I planned on doing a section hike from PA (Rt 16) to Harper's Ferry and failed miserably. Although I had read many articles/journals regarding taking care of your feet, the messages just didn't hit home. I thought I had comfortable shoes... I thought I had the good socks... I thought I was cross trained and physically able to handle the stresses of the trail. You may have already figured this out, but boy, was I ever wrong. I managed to make it 11 miles (up High Rock and ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Harpers Ferry to Ed Garvey Shelter

Hiked from Harpers Ferry up the Appalachian Trail to Ed Garvey Shelter over the weekend. Overnight parking was easy at the main visitors center for Harpers Ferry and they have a free bus that takes you downtown. Food was good, I ate a burger and an ice cream cone on the way out....had fries and ice cream when I got back.
    The views from Weverton Cliffs were awesome, as were the river views along the canal path. Ed Garvey shelter was ...

Updated 04-10-2016 at 21:29 by Kaptainkriz

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Looking for 2016 AT hiker/partner NOBO from Damascus

Looking at leaving Damascus about April 1 and going to at least Harpers Ferry.. maybe further

10-15 miles per day

Have done Springer Mountain to Damascus

Chairman Rick
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 100 of 596 FirstFirst ... 50 90 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 110 150 200 ... LastLast