View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. Batona Trail

Getting ready for nice, COLD, thru hike... 2 more days of work...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. pooping below freezing

Quote Originally Posted by Lauriep View Post
    from Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics:

https://lnt.org/blog/winter-camping-poo-check-it-out
    What to do with your Winter Camping poo? If you donít have the luxury of portable toilets near your activity area, youíll need to consider how to dispose of waste properly. The soil is usually several feet out of reach and hard as a rock unless you can locate a patch of bare ground where a trowel can penetrate the duff.

Burying it in the snow isnít acceptable. Human
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Zeeba and Motmot March 19,2015

Excited! So looking forward to our start after a few months of prep. Have purchased and trialled all our gear and hiked what we csn here before the deep snows have locked down trailheads. Have arrangements to arrive in ATL March 17 and shuttle to Hiker Hostel the 18th, start thr Approach trail and go!
    first entries on this journal. I had been using Trailjournals but it no longer loads on my iphone, sadly. Will update more soon!
    looking forward to meeting everone, happy preps, cya on ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. 2015 Thru-Hike Registry

Quote Originally Posted by Can-Do View Post
    Trail name: Can-Do
    Direction: NOBO to Harpers Ferry, then flip-flop, SOBO from Katahdin to Harpers Ferry.
    Start Date: March 24, 2015
    Approach trail: No
    I've been dreaming about an AT thru-hike for about 20 years. My wife and I have been hiking sections for years. We used to live 10 miles from the 100 mile wilderness. It's time to do this before I get any older and still have my health. My wife said to go for it and will be my transporter and my
    trail support ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Thru hike attemp

Hitting the trail again. Hoefully third time will be the charm. Start date is the 7th of April.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 91 of 565 FirstFirst ... 41 81 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 101 141 191 ... LastLast