WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. The planning continues...

So as of right now it is "Game On" unless something more important happens to come my way. April 1 is still the target.

Draggin

www.trailjournals.com/draggin014
    Categories
    PreHike
  2. wood burning campstoves

As I gather the equipment for a possible 2014 SOBO I keep getting puzzled by stove choices. I've tried alcohol, Whisperlites, canister stoves etc. The only thing I haven't tried is the wood burning stoves. Anybody got any input on them? I even see one with a battery charger on it.

Thanks,

BK
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. BUCKEtLIST_67 A.T. Thru-Hike

Counting down to a March 6th start.

The wish list is all purchased, packed and training is in progress.

I passed a SOBOer on the Trail this past fall who told me that the only way to train for an AT Thru hike is to hike up mountains in the rain. He said, "No rain, no pain, no Maine".

Well, here in Florida we have the rain, no doubt, but the mountains are a little scarce. So I’ve been on the incline treadmill and step master with a loaded ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. 2/3/14 Start of Journal

Well time to start a online journal so friends and family can follow me and my endeavors.

I would like to start out with yes I have terrible spelling ha!

Now lets get started

I have three days left of work (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday) and then its time to enjoy a little bit of free time until I leave for the AT thru hike.

I'm planning on going NOBO (north bound) starting in Georgia and HOPEFULLY ending in Maine.

Lately i've been ...
  5. rigister

Is there any need to go to Amicalola Falls. I there a sign in or registration needed before starting a thru hike?
    Categories
    Uncategorized