WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Starting out Fresh

A cool day makes me wonder

Rate this Entry

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snow-texas1.jpg 
Views:	249 
Size:	302.8 KB 
ID:	15208http://relicradio.com/otr/stream/ <= listening to this as Iwrite.

It’s snowing in West Texas. From what I remember "back in the day" it would snow maybe once, and that is a big MAYBE, a year. It seems that it snows more frequently now. Lush white hills of snow cover my front yard as I type right now. People don’t seem to know what to do.

I wonder what it would be like to be out in this weather no lights or... or heater. Nothing. And baby, I think I would love it!

In fact I know I would.

Every time I went camping with daddy it was the best of times in my life. It was when all the distractions, all my worldly fears melted away and the only things that dad and I had to worry about were; where we would find our food, where we would get our water and if we were to sleep outside or forfeit the view of the stars for the warmth and security of our one person tent. Usually daddy would sleep in the tent and I would brave the bugs and scary noises coming from the bushes from beside me as I nodded in and out of sleep wondering what strange creature was staring at me through the shrubs and considering me as a yummy night time snack. But even that I would love.

Such great memories that I have and I will love to make even more with my own daughter. I want to raise her loving the outdoors and learning that she can be a beautiful self-sufficient young woman who can enjoy all the adventure she craves as much any man ever could wish for.

Safety is the first thing that pops into my head after writing that sentence. So many things could go wrong rather it be from dangerous people or dangerous animals or even just falling down and breaking a foot. But they are chances that I am willing to take. It must make me a bad mother to knowingly put my daughter in situations like that I suppose. But I would consider myself a worse mother to not teach her about avoiding things like that and how to deal with them if they do happen.

Updated 02-14-2012 at 02:57 by Brittney Floyd

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments