WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. Daily Hygeine Habits

Quote Originally Posted by hikingirl View Post
    I am doing a thru hike in April 2013. Never been backpacking. Periods can be tough. Have not seen any advice on here from women on how they deal with this?
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. On a budget food for my thru SOBO?

Quote Originally Posted by Bouncy View Post
    Hello,
    I am going SOBO in July 2013 and need to keep my food budget on the cheap. Plan to supply on the go. How much should I put aside for each day and what is good, cheap and readily available down the whole trail? I am trying to keep my purchase food budget to $2500 or less for the entire thru (not including any resteraunt meals).
    Thanks,
    Bouncy
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Next Step

Hello Again Everyone,

Today I took my next step, I joined a gym. It is November 6 and by June 6, 7 months from now, I will go from my current weight of 345 to no more than 225. I will put everything I can into getting ready for this hike. This will be my first hike but I do not plan for it to be my last. This is not just about doing something huge it is about changing my life.

Ok, maybe it is actually becoming what I was one more time. When I was younger, in my teens ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Everyday life

Nov 4, 2012

Trying to do seven miles a day and contend with just what comes up in everyday life is proving to be more of a challenge than I expected. Five miles a day I can knock out with great ease and stay on track with everything else. The best course of action is going to have to be changing my goal to five mile a day and more if time permits. We have tendencies to not do anything if we are not able to do it all. For this past week I have only put an average of 3 or 4 miles ...
  5. lightweight tent