WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. Getting to Sleep While Tenting - Any Suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Del Q View Post
    Better life through chemicals...
    carry hooch (scotch, whiskey, tequila), tylenol PM works wonders, stay hydrated, we are at the top of the food chain, dont worry about critters or bears.
    I am concerned as you are advocating alcohol with Tylenol, because of reports that acetaminophen in quantity or long term use causes liver injury. I have often wondered when watching the movie "Fugitive" that they were portraying Acetaminophen. Later some information or rumor was spread
    Tags: 1'", 1ˤˢ Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Planning 2013 AT hike..looking for other women 50+ to hike with.me..leave late march

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaVO View Post
    HI Inch-by-inch..I have a blog on whiteblaze (re March 2013 hike). I will be 60 this November and plan to retire the end of this year. I, too, have a dream of attempting the AT thru-hike also in March 2013. Let's definitely keep in touch!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Starting Out

I may not be much of a writer, but think this will be a good place to talk a little about me voice some concerns about my newly acquired hobby. I have lived in the mountains and western North Carolina for 20 years of my life and was privileged enough to spend practically every weekend in the mountains climbing to the top of waterfalls and exploring places untouched by the cruel hand of industrialism. This can honestly and simply be described as the best part of my life.
    I decided it was time ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Based on my choices from a week ago, I nominate myself for "Bonehead of the Year"

Firstly, I did NOT have the worst trail time ever. When my short section hike was over, all I had were insect bites.
    These were not mistakes of a careless newbie or lack of planning, prep, or thinking. I have (1) camped and hiked for decades, (2) day-hiked on the AT for years, and (3) done a few over-nights, to ensure I could do okay with just a pack.
    Nor was this over-ambition. For my first attempt at true back-packing, I chose a trip of about 45 miles of walking over four days walking ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. crying condor

hhhhhh i keep telling myself vikings dont cry.. vikings dont cry!.. yet im crying. I've finally come to terms that i wont be able to thru hike this year. I've been waitlisted for my last college class for over a year now and i finally got in. If i dont take it this semester i wont be able to take it until next year or longer. Ordinarily this wouldn't be a huge deal, but i go to a community college by the town where i grew up, and i want to get the heck out of here asap! So my choices are: attempt ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast