WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. 12 May 2010

12 May, Damascus
    I did absolutely nothing this morning. I could not sleep last night. Went to the continental breakfast this morning and had waffles. Then I came back to the room and slept till 11:45 when the maid service knocked on the door. Then I walk up the road to the outfitters and ate at Burger King. Then back to the room and on my laptop. I have been going through my photos and uploading them to my journal.

I called Bismarck and left him a message on his phone. ...
    Categories
    2010 thru hike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2544.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	615.0 KB 
ID:	11442   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2545.jpg 
Views:	236 
Size:	639.1 KB 
ID:	11443   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2546.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	682.6 KB 
ID:	11444   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2548.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	610.1 KB 
ID:	11445   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2547.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	642.0 KB 
ID:	11952  

2. 11 May 2010

11 May 2010, Damascus
    I went and did laundry today. I also picked up my mail drops at the post office. I shopped around for a summer bag at both outfitters and ended up getting one at Sundowners. I found a down 30 degree bag that weighed 1.13 pounds. That will save me two pounds off my pack weight when I send my zero degree sleeping bag home. I wish I could send it home now but they say Mount Rogers can get cold. I have decided to send it home in Atkins.

I ran into Chef ...
    Categories
    2010 thru hike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2540.jpg 
Views:	257 
Size:	695.0 KB 
ID:	11441  
  3. Getting ready for a Section Hike, ME2MA

Hi all,

My name is Luke, I am currently living in upstate New York, 28 yrs old. I have been getting myself ready for a large section hike from about 3/4 the way south of Katadin to the boarder of MAss CoNn line. I wish to do this hike or most of it with someone. Male or Female is fine! I have a tentative start date of around June 1st. If anyone is interested please get in touch with me.

Also there are several things i still need to obtain b4 starting this adventure and ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Different Styles for the miles

I started a Georgia Section Hike this May but had to go off trail because the guy I was hiking with had blisters and boot bang despite his best efforts at getting the right boots. Anyway, while hiking I noticed different hiking styles. One was to cover as many miles as possible to get it done, the other was slower paced, probably due to age more than anything. But I do think that the fast paced hikers are missing out on the smaller views along the trail, the flowers, plants as well as things like ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Posting for peewee!

Hey everyone, I am posting for peewee2 right now,he calls and tells me what to post on here since he is on the trail now and cant do it himself! This is his wife Kim, he has been out about a month now and pushing toward Damascus, thinks he might make it for trail days ( I hope he makes it for that, it will be a good time)! He is walking for Cancer awareness and is signed up with the " Susan B. Coleman" Walk for the cure! He lost his father to cancer and his mom is a 3 time survivor of ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized