WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. PA Break from trail - then MAINE

July 19- today was the first time I actually contemplated quitting. My feet hurt SO bad the first mile. The meds finally kicked in and the trail was really smooth today so it turned out OK. Ive got to get to a Dr in Port Clinton and get a prescription for more QPAP or something else nice and strong to get me through Maine and New Hampshire!! Strider said the trail above Port Clinton is really tough so I need to wrap my head around 13-14 mile days and be ok with that. I'll be close enough to Delaware ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. PA rocks - ouch...

July 15- shuttled with Pyro over to boiling springs in the morning and sat at cafe and checked email and posted pics to Facebook while I used their WiFi and ate a Reuben. Met hiker named thumper at ATC office. He told about Kincora hostel-bob peoples runs hostel and organizes Hard Core volunteer events that do major projects on trail. Enjoyed a zero day today. Twinkle toes and wrong way came in from the bar around 5 and said they were going to camp at the hiker site half mile south so I booked there ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Back in PA...past the halfway mark

July 10- 12:30am somebody came into our hostel. Clomping boots-dropping pack- and muttering to himself. His red headlamp light in my eyes woke me more. The wretched guy left the bunkroom I was in and wandered to the other one clomp clomp clomp. I decided he was confused and got up to see if I could help him before he woke up everybody. Turns out it was cotton! He said hey baby and gave me a hug that I scraped off and told him he was being really noisy. He said "I paid my money. But for you ...

Updated 07-30-2016 at 06:26 by ElizabethClose

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Hike Up Mount Fuji (富士山 Fujisan) Japan 2016

This is our hike up Mount Fuji (富士山 Fujisan). We did this on July 5th, just after the official hiking season opened and used the Yoshida Trail starting at the Fuji-Subaru 5th station. We traveled from Tokyo on a JR train (Chūō Main Line Rapid Service) to Ōtsuki Station, and then to Kawaguchiko on the Fujikyu Railway service. This website provided particularly good instructions on how to do this and it was easy.
    http://chasingplaces.com/how-to-get-...pan-rail-pass/ ...
    Tags: mount fuji Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. 1000 mile mark

July 3- -ugh I have poison ivy. Put desitin on to keep it from spreading and waited for the rain to stop before breaking camp and heading out at 8am. passed cottons tent at 9am so he didn't go too far after leaving me off. I Didn't stop to chat. I need to do 17 mile days if I want to reach Harper's Ferry Friday. Got to skyland resort at 1 and decided to eat there. I felt bad sitting inside smelling as bad as I KNOw I do but they didn't have outside seating. Got a salad burger and fries. Twinkle ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 65 of 596 FirstFirst ... 15 55 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 75 115 165 565 ... LastLast