WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

aklarsen11

Day 80: Big Climb

Rate this Entry
Woke up this morning pretty much having decided to quit the trail. Parted of me wanted to cut back my mileage and continue to at least Harper’s Ferry, but once I felt done it was hard to be motivated to continue hiking. I spent the morning talking to hikers telling them my plan. Some tried to convince me to stay, some seemed content with my reasoning. The breakfast the campground made was amazing. I don’t think I have ever had a better biscuit in my life. On the ride back to the trail we saw a baby deer running in the road for over a 100 yards. It was so cute! Today I have 11 miles to Sunset Field to get picked up by the hostel. It is pretty much all uphill. I confirmed with the driver yesterday a pick up time of 2:40pm, but the campground didn’t get me back to the trail until 9am, so I asked to push back to 3pm. At first they said this was impossible due to their busy schedule. Surprisingly, I haven’t cried on trial before. Thankfully I got over it quickly and they texted me back saying they could make 3:40 work. Rest of the day was smooth and checked into Stanimals Hostel in Glasgow. FaceTimed my family and decided to stay on trail at least until my sister and brother-in-law come to visit on the 21st. That will give me plenty of time to think things over.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C95BFE42-D0CF-4525-8620-4C4CA33281B4.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	2.30 MB 
ID:	48368
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments