WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. Day 63: Uneventful Day

Today we have 12 miles to the next shelter. We’ll see what time we get there and whether we want to push further or stop. Today was a pretty uneventful day. I don’t know if it’s the heat and I’m not drinking enough water, but I just don’t feel like I have that extra push and I’m definitely feeling it on the uphills. Made it to the shelter before 3 pm, so we decided to push another 4 miles to Lick Creek Campsite. Nice spot right by the creek.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E0BBDAC2-3EC9-4BCC-A5C3-240251435F67.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	2.45 MB 
ID:	48240
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Day 62: Moving Forward

Got shuttled back to the trail first thing in the morning. We have 15 miles today to get to Davis Path Campsite. I have a heavy pack with 5 days of food. Going slow and steady today with several good breaks. Made it to Atkins, VA around 2:30pm, which was about 11 miles in. Not Sure decided he had gone far enough today with his heel pain and 2 knees decided to stay with him. I’m really ready to start averaging 15 miles each day and I don’t think Not Sure will be there anytime soon, so I think it’s ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Day 61: Zero in Marion

Relaxing day in Marion. Pretty much just laid around my hotel room all day. Went to the Ingles and Walmart to resupply. Had dinner with that same family again. All in all a nice relaxing day.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	24FD000A-94EC-444C-AB39-6AADFF6F7EC1.jpeg 
Views:	207 
Size:	302.2 KB 
ID:	48232
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Day 60: Flying through the miles

Today we 15.4 miles to Marion. Got on trail around 8:30am. Not Sure decided to shuttle to the end and meet us there because his heel was hurting already. Two Knees, Ken and I flew down the trail today. We did 15.4 miles in 5.5 hours with our packs. The terrain was nice and easy. Got picked up by a friend of TwoKnees daughter who follows his YouTube videos. He came with chocolate milk and Diet Coke. 😂 Checked into the hotel and then he treated us to an early barbecue dinner with his wife ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Day 59: Early start for a Massage

Woke up early and was on trail by 7am. It’s so much easier to get moving earlier when it’s warm. Today we have 8 miles to Dickey Gap where we’re getting picked up by Sufi Lodge to stay the night. I’m also getting a massage! Made it to the gap by 11:30am. Got a shower, did laundry and got a heavenly massage. She said my muscles are holding up really well. They made chicken parm for dinner. It was delicious! Have a private room tonight so I don’t have to listen to TwoKnees snoring. 🙏
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 13 of 596 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 63 113 513 ... LastLast