WhiteBlaze Pages
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
$10 for printed copy. $6 for PDF.
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. Christmas, 2014

I suppose it all started Christmas, 2014. I love to read. My son does too. We exchanged books for Christmas presents. I gave him Robinson Crusoe: The Complete Adventures (Vol.1 - Vol.2), Daniel Defoe. The first volume he'd read and loved before, the second volume most people are unaware that it existed, as was true for him. He gave me Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail, Cheryl Strayed and A Walk in the Woods, Bill Bryson.

I'd read and enjoyed A Walk in the Woods ...

Updated 02-17-2015 at 01:14 by CCCCAT

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. 2015 Thru-Hike Registry

Quote Originally Posted by mountain squid View Post
    Time to make it official all you 2015ers!

Trail Name Gdad
    Direction NOBO

Estimated Start Date Apr may
    Approach Trail - yes ?
    any additional info that you want the world to know

There's no turning back now! If you have the opportunity you might consider going to Trail Days this year. There are usually lots of gear vendors . . . .

If anything changes, please update via a reply to this thread or send me a PM.

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Batona Trail

Getting ready for nice, COLD, thru hike... 2 more days of work...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. pooping below freezing

Quote Originally Posted by Lauriep View Post
    from Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics:

https://lnt.org/blog/winter-camping-poo-check-it-out
    What to do with your Winter Camping poo? If you donít have the luxury of portable toilets near your activity area, youíll need to consider how to dispose of waste properly. The soil is usually several feet out of reach and hard as a rock unless you can locate a patch of bare ground where a trowel can penetrate the duff.

Burying it in the snow isnít acceptable. Human
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Zeeba and Motmot March 19,2015

Excited! So looking forward to our start after a few months of prep. Have purchased and trialled all our gear and hiked what we csn here before the deep snows have locked down trailheads. Have arrangements to arrive in ATL March 17 and shuttle to Hiker Hostel the 18th, start thr Approach trail and go!
    first entries on this journal. I had been using Trailjournals but it no longer loads on my iphone, sadly. Will update more soon!
    looking forward to meeting everone, happy preps, cya on ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized