WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. Loner entering Maine today!

er has finished the Whites and should be entering Maine today. He's posted a new of new videos at his You Tube Journal http://www.youtube.com/user/Loner2012AT.
    I'm so excited and I know he is too! Plus he has some exciting news to share.
    Categories
    AT thru- hiker
  2. Knife or no knife

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    Knifes as a cutting tools is an extremely personal decision based on the user, the situation and level of skill. No one should impress upon you what is “best.” Best is a relative term. There are countless varieties and uses. Knives are categorized into fixed or folding, full, partial or hidden tang, serrated or plain edge, stainless or carbon steel, etc. Entire volumes of books can be written about blade selection. All I will recommend is buying the best you can afford and buying quality. You will
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. what clothes to bring?

Ok, I've been doing day hikes since Jan as I slowly purchased my gear. This past Friday I added the final missing piece, the tent. Now I am ready to start doing an over night or two. What I really want to know is this. Next Spring; (Apr-May) I plan on section hiking all of GA. How much, and what type of clothing should I carry?
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Dr. Dr. give me the news..

Well that was a close call. Dr. says it's a sprain! Which means a mobility brace and crutches for a week until we see him again. It's a good thing I have one of those collapsible wagons that "Hop along Cassidy" has always wanted to ride in. (I'm sensing a trail name here.) I might try to make it to the park tomorrow just to see how he could make that work.

Keeping it Real,
    Sully
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Long Trail wrapup report

Quote Originally Posted by Pressure D View Post
    Blissful - I'm starting the next day maybe i will bump into you on the trail.
    Categories
    Uncategorized