WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

freezy39

Thursday, November 10, 2011 A lot of work, little reward...until now!

Rate this Entry
I had put a lot of effort into my training, my business cards, my site, research, and not much was blossoming. I went weeks without posting because there was nothing to post. I didn't hike because of the snow in Boulder and the mountains are too muddy. I don't have boots yet and my projects to raise money for were taking a while to pin down. Then, out of the blue, a plethora of karma or luck broke through. Works for me! First of all, we finalized a project for the United Children's Fund. You can access the information by clicking the charities tab on the left. It is very exciting that I will be raising money for a Ugandan project, because I have strong ties to a Ugandan non-profit called Bead For Life (check them out). Also, my co-worker gave me a snowboard I could sell on Craigslist for the charities. If that wasn't good enough, my roommate's boyfriend said he will donate a snowboard and some boots for the cause. THEN, he said he will definitely be taking my room in April, meaning this trip is officially ON! A huge sense of motivation today for sure and much more to come I hope. My dad offered to pay for a rental car from Boulder to Dallas, where our favorite hockey team the San Jose Sharks is playing the Stars, and on to Atlanta for the journey. I shall keep you posted now that the engine is running and word is spreading!
Tags: charity, chickens Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments